Sunday, November 13, 2011

Watching the Broncos is like watching my sister play video games!

"Hello, you play to win the game" originally said by Herm Edwards, but now being said by Tim Tebow supporters world wide. Tebow getting another win today against the Kansas City Chiefs, and in Kansas City none the less. It was not pretty though, Tebow going just 2-8 for 69 yards and adding another 44 yards on the ground. He did have a rushing touchdown and one of the two completions was a 56 yard touchdown toss to a streaking Eric Decker. The Broncos offense keeping it very bland, in fact I would even say a little boring, running the ball 54 times as apposed to the just 8 pass plays.

Kansas City coach Todd Haley is apparently not checking my twitter timeline, where earlier today I stated that keeping a spy or two on Tebow & making sure that your defensive end's stay at home was a sure way to a victory. Granted the Chiefs did not let the draw read pick them apart as was the case against the Raiders. Today's game was won with some good ol smash mouth football, you know what we're doing but let's see if you can stop it. The Chielfs answered that with a definate "NO" not only did the Chiefs defense show no signs of life, the offense was only able to gain 258 total yards and allowed 4 sacks.

So Tebow is 3-1 and he has brought the Broncos back to being just 1 game out of 1st place in the AFC West. I do not believe that Tebow is the long term answer for this team or for any team for that matter. He has wins this year against sub par teams, that's my opinion. Does any one really believe that this kind of football can be sucsefull in January? Against teams like the Patriots or the Steelers, the answer to that question is, NO! I do believe that Tim Tebow can truly be a role model and is a role model for thousands. But a NFL quarterback? I think not.

Watching the young man play is exciting and frustrating at the same time, which led me to this analogy. When I watch Tim Tebow play I get a feeling in my stomach that I have not felt in many years, something that a lot of us have probably felt. The same feeling I use to get when I had to share my video games with my sister as a kid. You know the feeling, when you would have to hand the controller over just knowing she was going to ruin all the progress you had just made. Just as her chair would turn completly around and not even be facing the tv, because she couldn't sit still, she would literrally turn her whole body to try and get her character to turn. (It was hilarious) But just as she would make that full 180 degree turn she would pass the level! It would drive me crazy, I could literraly never figure out how she made it through the level on pure luck. Until the 2011-12 NFL season and seeing Tim Tebow play football the same way my sister used to play video games it's clear, my sister and Tebow are the real life version of the Disney movie "Angels in the Outfield"

With that said let me know what you think of the blog and if you'd like to get at me please do so via twitter @JoshuaDover or listen to Overtime on gomilehigh.com Monday nights 7-9 pm mountain time and you can chime in there as well.AAAAAAHHHHH AAAAAAAHHHH I GOTTA GO!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Outstanding take. Although I hope you are wrong regarding the fate if the Broncos! I am also fully prepared for your take on the Colts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post! Let's see what Tebow does against the Jets, that will be his ultimate test! Honestly, your opinions here are definitely justified-- I couldn't agree more with you and your analogy! But I say, a win is a win, whether pretty or not. Josh, to relate to you on this, think of when you would take the 'win' home from the bar. A win is a win...whether she's ugly or not -- right? AHAHAHAA!-Aaron

    ReplyDelete